Millions of pilgrims from all walks of life visit the Kumbh Melafor simply bathing in the Ganges at Allahabad and to experience the holy event, which is celebrated over the period of 75 days.An overwhelming number of visitors come to this holy place to celebrate the greatest spiritual Hindu festival ever, spending seven austere weeks residing in the tents set on the banks of the Ganges. To handle such a huge crowd when millions will take a dip in the sacred waters of the Ganga, the UP state government and top officials havemade all the significant standout plansso that the event is successful like every year.
The budget for Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019 has been increased by almost 25% along the number sectors and space for Mela, which has also been increased to over 2500 hectares now to make the grandest of all gatherings also a safe get-together. Both centre and the state government have sent separate invites for Kumbh Mela through foreign ambassadors posted in India to attract foreign dignitaries.
Important things to know about the Ardh Kumbh Mela:
• MakarSankranti (1st shahiSnan) – 14/15 January 2019
• PaushPurnima – 21 January 2019
• PaushEkadashiSnan – 31 January 2019
• MauniAmavasya (Main Royal Bath 2nd ShahiSnan) – 04 February 2019
• BasantPanchami (3rd shahiSnan) – 10 February 2019
• MaghiEkadashi – 16 February 2019
• MaghiPoornima – 19 February 2019
• MahaShivaratri – 04 March 2019
How to reach:
There is adequate security and excellent transportation facilities for tourists visiting the state for attending the largest event on Earth.
• By Road: Allahabad city is connected by 4 major cities by road and falls on national highway no.2. There are plenty of bus stands in the city along with tourist taxis, auto-rickshaws etc. to take at the centre.
• By Air: The domestic airport, Bamrauli Air Force Base is approx. 12 Km from the city centre. There are two other nearby airports, LalBahadurShastri Airport at Varanasi and Amausi International Airport in Lucknow, well-connected to rest of the Indian cities. During the Kumbh Mela, all these 3 airports serve in the best way possible.
• By Rail: The city features eight railway stations within the city with good connectivity to the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata.
Where to stay
The focus of this event is also to offer a comfortable stay to the pilgrims. So the Accommodation in Kumbh Mela is plenty and special tents have been set-up near the ghats of the sacred Ganges River to offer a complete distinct experience. You’ll find clean and sanitation-friendly comfortable accommodation to luxurious and spacious tents, which are built for both domestic and international tourists. Book your special tent and stay in Kumbh from Indraprastham city. The tents are available in the following categories:
• Atri (Deluxe)
• Angirasa (Luxury)
• Gautama (Suite)